Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Silver Lining, Day 1103

If we're going to betray the Constitution, we might as well change our tune.....

My Senate, 'tis of Thee
Den of Hypocrisy
Of thee I sing.
House where Trump's lawyers lied
Place where credibility died
Let's call it "Democracide"
And make him King.

Our Constitution, gee
Orange Man is raping thee
Thy name is mud.
We loved thy balances and checks
You've been through many wrecks
But Mitch's got you by the neck
And drinks your blood.

Let Don do what he pleases
And line his pockets, geezus!
While our America cries
Let the Senate stay awake
Let Ken Starr prevaricate
Let them all masturbate
While Democracy dies.

Our country, 'tis of Thee
Dying of hypocrisy
While we make Trump King
My country, rest in peace
Truth falls down on its knees
I weep for the end of thee
And the new dynasty
Of Trumps as kings.

Of thee I sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment